- Acknowledge that the holidays will be different.
- Acknowledge that the holidays will be tough.
- Communicate your holiday plans with family and friends so that they will know what to expect.
- Recognize that even family and friends within your own grief circle may have different plans for how they wish to spend the holidays. Seek to find common ground, establish your plan should the holidays become too much for either party, or choose to celebrate separately if their plans conflict with your level of comfort.
- Seek help from a friend that you trust who can be there for you without offering advice or trying to “fix” your grief.
- Say “yes” to help if you need the support.
All Rights Reserved