Home Health Agency ServicesIn home health care services typically include:
- Personal Home Health CareCertified nursing assistants and home health aides help patients with a number of needs like assistance with ADLs, personal hygiene, light housework, meal preparation, medical condition(s) tracking and record keeping.
- Skilled NursingRegistered nurse (RN) or licensed practical nurse (LPN) coordinates a health care plan with the patient’s physician and oversees most in home care services. Skilled nursing includes chronic disease management.
- Therapy and RehabilitationPhysical, speech and occupational therapists focus on core areas of therapy and develop personalized rehabilitation plans for patients. Specialized services also include amputee rehabilitation and orthopedic/joint replacement programs.
- Medical Social WorkSocial workers are oftentimes the connection between the patient and their family, friends and community. They provide support to the patient, but also serve as a guide for loved ones and friends who are unsure as to how to best offer support and companionship.
- Hospice CarePalliative hospice care helps patients and their loved ones during the most difficult times. This type of hospice care focuses not on treating the disease, but relieving pain, stress and other symptoms that patients with terminal illnesses often experience.