Volunteers play an important role in our team approach to hospice care. AT Home Hospice volunteers are people in the community who want to serve others. Many of our volunteers have had a personal experience with hospice, and can offer emotional support in addition to the regular services they provide.
AT Home Hospice volunteers make a difference by:
- Providing companionship and friendship to patients during the last days of their lives
- Offering emotional and spiritual support to families and caregivers
- Running errands to ease the burden that may be felt by family and loved ones
- Performing light housekeeping duties, and creating a clean and comfortable home atmosphere
- Assisting the AT Home Hospice staff with administrative tasks and answering telephone calls
Become an AT Home Care Volunteer
You don’t need an advanced degree or experience in the medical field to help care for someone during the last days of their life. All you need is a heart for comforting and caring for others. We will provide all training through our free volunteer training program.